GUAM WIC PROGRAM POSTION OPENING
Nutrition Assistant II
Starting Salary: $28,595.00 annually
This position requires complex para-professional nutrition service work assisting Nutritionists in providing clinical and nutrition education services to low income clients eligible for participation in the women, infants, and children (WIC) program. The employee works under the supervision of a professional Community Nutritionist following established guidelines and protocols. A significant amount of independent work which requires the exercise of judgement and discretion when determining client program eligibility and education on a variety of nutritional and health related issues is required.
The employee will be trained by the WIC program in techniques and skills to effectively provide basic and moderately high risk nutrition counseling and or classes to WIC participants, and to effectively encourage breastfeeding and provide basic intervention assistance to WIC participants who are breastfeeding their infants for problem solving strategies and referrals when needed.
Applicants must have:
- A knowledge of the Guam WIC program policies, procedures and program activities – AND
- A knowledge of the principles and practices of applied nutrition and dietary control – AND
- A knowledge of the principles of family meal planning, food purchasing, food preparation, and budgeting – AND
- A basic knowledge of the principles of education and counseling – AND
- Completion of a WIC Competent Professional Authority training - AND
- A knowledge of modern office practices, methods, and computer equipment – AND
- A knowledge of methods and techniques of breastfeeding – AND
- Two years specialized experience as a Nutrition Assistant I or equivalent work in a related field and graduation from high school or its equivalent – OR
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the minimum knowledge, abilities and skills.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Online application form may be downloaded at http://www.govguamdocs.com/doa/index_doa.htm
Applications may also be obtained in person from the Government of Guam Department of Administration Human Resources Monday through Friday between the hours of 8 am to 5 pm. and submitted directly to that office:
ITC Building, second floor suite 215
Guam Department of Administration Human Resources
590 Marine Corps Drive
Tamuning, Guam 96913
P.O. Box 884
Hagatna, Guam 96932