The Office of Epidemiology and Research is responsible for :
- The surveillance, prevention and control of disease and promoting health throughout Guam.
- Decreasing the incidence of communicable diseases such as tuberculosis, vaccine preventable diseases, STDs, HIV infection/AIDS, and enteric disease.
- Reviewing, formulating or revising policies, regulations and laws necessary to protect the public from the spread of communicable diseases.
- Conducting epidemiologic studies of diseases or conditions that may pose an immediate or potential threat to the public well-being.
- Establishing and maintaining a population-based Guam cancer patient registry.
- Serves as the basis for prioritizing and evaluating cancer education, early detection, and outreach programs.
Dr. Robert Haddock 735-7298