The Office of Vital Statistics is mandated by law to register, certify and maintain records of vital events that occur on Guam. It is also mandated by law to process and issue marriage licenses.
NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC (Re:Marriage License and Certificate applications):
Due to the recent amendment to Public Law 34-65, regarding §3108 and §3202(a) Chapter 3, Title 19, Guam Code Annotated, effective May 8, 2018 our forms and applications for a Marriage License and Certificate has been updated. Previous editions are obsolete and will not be accepted. Please see below for downloadable forms and applications.
Weekends & Government of Guam Holidays: CLOSED
*Note: Processing of NEW Marriage License Applications are Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 2:00pm.
When requesting from off-island, the following information is needed:
- Full name(s) of person on record of requested document
- Date of event (for birth certificates: date of birth, marriage certificates: date of marriage, etc.)
*Divorces: The Office of Vital Statistics does not record, certify, nor issue divorce decrees. You may contact the Superior Court of Guam, Records Branch at (671) 475-3449. For divorces petitioned and settled outside of Guam, you may contact the respective state or country in which the order was finalized.
- Photocopy of current and unexpired ID
- Self-addressed envelope for return mail *Please enclose necessary postage stamps for the return of your request
- Special handling instructions, if any
- E-mail address *Should we need more information or have any questions, we will contact you via email
Mail request to:123 Chalan Kareta, Mangilao, Guam 96913
Method of payment for off-island requests:
Money order or cashier's check must be made payable to Treasurer of Guam
For general information and/or inquiries:
(671) 735-7185, 735-7292, 735-7280
For off-island follow-up requests and/or inquiries:
LAWS GOVERNING VITAL STATISTICS